Monday, September 23, 2013

Sad Songs Make Me Smile
















I have just recently found this out : songs that stick in my head are the ones that are usually sad or melancholy in nature, but at the same time, in a bizarre fashion have the power to make me smile. I have yet to pinpoint the exact reason why I would be smiling as I listen to these songs, but maybe it's the combination of being excited that a song would be able to articulate your feelings better than any words could and knowing that there are other souls out there who feel your pain.

Maybe it's the lyrics
or the melodies
or the atmosphere 
Who knows? I wish I could explain why these songs are that amazing to me.

These songs are what get me through these last few months' nights. Sad songs are celebration of life.

1. Deerhunter - Helicopter



2. Dinosaur Jr. - Get Me


3. Built To Spill - Else 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment